October 21, 2008

Saturday Ottumn


I left home around 11:15, walking down Daly Avenue towards Weirdo Street ( that's what my friend Marlene calls Rideau St.). It's Fall. The sky is that kind of blue and the leaves are gold and red. The air is cool, crisp and calm.


I love the old red brick homes in this neighbourhood. I love the trellis work and the history embedded in these old homes.



I look up, I look down and it's all a brief wonder of colour. Soon it will all be crisp, crackling, crunching, leaves that must turn to dust.

Autumn is wistful. Leaves and feathers blow in circles, round and round and where do they go?


My friend and I had a restful meal at this Sushi place in the market. I ate something called Godzilla. It wasn't noticeably radioactive.


I had this 'Zen Master' Martini. We all know that Zen Masters drink 2.5oz Martini's to chill out.


This is the paper store where I bought some handmade cards for someone special ;)


I don't see them either.


The mice said we must drink small beverages.



And eat desserts!


But mostly they kept saying. "Write this down on a napkin and take a picture of it !!!"


S'o-k. I 8s em all.



No comments:

Post a Comment