October 17, 2008

Sad Week

I went home to Owen Sound last weekend to visit friends and family. It was beautiful weather and the leaves were at their peak. Saturday morning I went downstairs and my mother told me that her brother, my Uncle Bob passed away the night before. I drove with Jeanne and my parents to South Mountain on Monday(a 9 hour trip)and attended the wake that night. We stayed at my Uncle terry's and went to the funeral on Tuesday. I want to write more about it and post some pictures of Bob. He was a well known man and lived in his community all his life. Hundreds of people attended the wake. In fact they were lined up around the funeral home to get in. I feel saddest for my aunt Caroline. She married Bob when she was 16. It must be unimaginably hard for her right now. The last time I saw him was last November when Leslie and I dropped in on our way home from a trip to A llama farm. I'm really glad we made that stop. My aunt was making chicken biscuit and we drank tea in the kitchen. Bob was having a hard time even then. I can't believe he's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment